Speaking of curtain walls, I believe that for some partners, this professional word should not be very familiar with it, in fact, it is still relatively common in our lives, especially in some urban buildings can find its figure, so do you really know what the curtain wall is? What are some of the specific advantages of curtain walls?
Ⅰ. What is a curtain wall?
Curtain wall is actually a building enclosure, it is not load-bearing, as is the curtain hanging up, so we generally call it "curtain wall", it is actually a modern large and high-rise buildings we commonly used with decorative effect of a light wall. It is mainly composed of panel facade architecture and supporting structure system, but relative to the main structure has a certain displacement capacity or its own deformation capacity, does not bear the role of the main structure of the building enclosure or decorative structure, so it can also be called architectural curtain wall.
Curtain wall is in fact the main use of a variety of strong, light, beautiful building materials can generally replace the traditional or window-wall combination of exterior wall method, is surrounded by the periphery of the main structure and make the appearance of the whole building can achieve a more beautiful, functional and safe exterior wall method.
Ⅱ. What are some of the advantages of curtain walls?
1. The quality is relatively light: in the same an area of comparison, the quality of the glass curtain wall including hidden frame glass curtain wall is about 1/10 to 1/12 of the stucco brick wall, is about 1/15 of the marble, granite finish wall, it is 1/5 to 1/7 of the concrete plywood. mainly the use of curtain walls can greatly reduce the weight of the building, thereby reducing the cost of foundation works.
2. Design flexibility: curtain wall art effect is particularly good, architects can design a variety of different shapes according to everyone's needs, you can also choose different colors, so that it is more coordinated with the surrounding environment, with the light can also make the building has a different visual effect. Can also reduce the oppressive feeling of tall buildings.
3. Strong seismic ability: because curtain walls are designed with flexible, so strong wind and seismic ability, is the optimal choice for all high-rise buildings.
4. Systematic construction: Systematic construction can better control the construction period, and the time spent will be shorter.
5. Modernization: It can improve the novelty and technology of the building, such as photovoltaic energy-saving curtain wall, double-layer ventilator breathing curtain wall and other designs matching with intelligent technology.
6. It is easy to update maintenance: because it is built in the building periphery structure, it is convenient to repair or update it.